Family Connection – Communities In Schools of Hancock County, Inc. is a non-profit 501©3 organization with a two-fold mission:
- To foster a local collaborative decision-making process and identify resources to improve conditions and outcomes for children and families in Hancock County in the areas of health, school readiness and school success, family stability and self-sufficiency.
- To surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.
Since 2002, FC-CIS of Hancock County Inc. has partnered with Community Organizations and Individuals to improve educational outcomes for youth and increase economic development opportunities within the Hancock County community.
Family Connection – Communities In Schools of Hancock County, Inc. believes that every child needs and deserves:
- a personal, one-to-one relationship with a caring adult
- a safe place to learn and grow
- a marketable skill to use upon graduation
- a chance to give back to peers and community
- a healthy start with the potential for a healthy future